I found the recipe from Frame by Frame Baking Love Food by Paragon UK, this is the good cook book that I had... The recipes is very easy to following coz there are step by step baking. Then, yesterday, I was try one of recipe, that's Stromboli with Salami, roasted peppers & cheese, but modified by me :D
Stromboli with Smoke beef, cheese & spinachmodified by Ike
250 gr self raising flour
3 gr dried yeast
1 tsp sea salt flakes (1/2 tsp salt...Ike)
2 tbsp olive oil
150 ml lukewarm water
Filling (optional as u like)
mozarella cheese, chopped
tomato/peppers roasted (as u like)
garlic powder (just for sprinkle)
- Mix the flour, yeast and salt, the stir in the oil with enough water to make a soft dough.
- Knead the dough on flouresd surface for about 10 minutes. Cover and leave in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in volume.
- Knead lightly for 2-3 minutes until smooth, cover 7 leave for 10 minutes more.
- Roll out the dough to rectangle about 38x25 cm, 1 cm thick.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree C. Spread the smoke beef over the dough and top with the mozarella, spinach, etc.
- Grease baking sheet. Rool the dough up firmly from the long side, pinch the ends and place on the baking sheet. Join underneath, cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- Pierce the roll deeply several times with skewer.
- Brush wih oil. Bake in the preahated oven for 30-35 minutes or until firm and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve the bread fresh and warm, cut into thick slices.
|Stromboli before rolling|